Sunday, September 18, 2005

Idaresay:Reality Bites

"Why I Don't Watch Reality Shows (Particularly the Ones that Suck)"

Of course, not all reality shows fall under the "Sucks" Category. Some of them are informative and entertaining on a wholesome level. But there are reality shows that really get into my nerves and make me ask the inevitable questions: "What has become of the human species?" and "Whatever happened to discretion?"
To better convey my meaning, here are the reality shows which, to my best judgment, need to be viewed ONLY BY AUDIENCE WHO ARE MATURE ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND "It's just a reality show," AND HEALTHY ENOUGH NOT TO SUFFER A STROKE WHILE WATCHING THEM:

ELIMIDATE. Since when did dating have an "elimination round"? What's the trophy, the gal who chose the winner?
CHANGE OF HEART. What's this, prelude to wife-swapping?
WIFE SWAP (or whatever the title is). How about swapping husbands? Or kids? Or in-laws?
AVERAGE JOE. I don't think that any of the "Joe's" would fall under the "Average" Category. They all seem Below Average. And what does this say about the "promising, intelligent, charming bachelor-girl" that decides whom to "love"?
WHO WANTS TO MARRY MY DAD. Talk about playing pimp to your own dad. I'm looking forward to a change of title: WHO WANTS TO BE A WICKED STEPMOTHER?
JOE MILLIONNAIRE. Ok, so "Joe," who pretends to be an average wage-earner, turns out to be a multi-millionnaire son of a... lobster magnate or whatever. Big deal. What I'd want to know if I were to marry him is, "How much is he insured for?"

Peace to all those who watch these shows and who consider themselves fanatics. We're all entitled to our opinions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home